Cool-Clean Units for tramp oil removal
Coolants and wash solutions inevitably become contaminated with tramp oil and particulate material during the production process. This contamination provides an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and fungi, which quickly degrade the coolant.
- Simple to use – pneumatic operation
- Works in bypass – whilst your machine is operating
- Helps prevent unpleasant odours and risk of infection
- Increases service life of coolants and tools
- Operator benefit – cleaner machines and components
Watch the tramp oil disappear – no need to stop the machine, just let Cool-clean do its job.
The effect of tramp oil
- 1. Degradation of machine and tool functions and shortening of tool life (clogging of various filters & nozzles)
- 2. Foul odor and skin disease to workers caused by the formation of various kinds of bacteria
- 3. Product failure caused by decomposition and rust occurrence
- 4. The acceleration of industrial waste production increases environmental costs.
Principle of removing tramp oil
The existing method to separate tramp oil by smearing it on the belt or hose has a problem with efficiency and waste oil handling because a large amount of cutting fluid is mixed and separated. Using the fact that specific gravity varies for different liquids to be separated such as water and oil, Lubriservs COOL-CLEAN oil separator uses a principle of the fast speed separation between water and oil through physical dislocation when mixed liquid passes through the filter (media with a large number of pores).
1. The tramp oil along with the cutting fluid is sucked into the tank using the built-in pump.
2. The cutting fluid, along with the tramp oil passes through the porous filter layer. While the tramp oil passes through the filter that has a large effective surface area has a linear structure without forming inclined surface, particles of the tramp oil are enlarged by speed difference caused by viscous flow and the oil rises to the surface.
3. The floated tramp oil is separated and discharged using specific gravity difference between water and oil.
Ideal for CNC machining centres, lathes, milling machines, grinding machines, parts washers, quenching tanks
- 400L/hour Processing capacity
- 5 – 65 degC Working fluid temperature
- 2kg.f/cm3 recommended operating pressure
- 100 micron filter vessel – washable/reusable
- 3/8′ air diapragm pump, dual pumping system
- 45kg weight